Thursday, March 15, 2012

1 year

It's one year since POTS happened.  March 15th. Beware the ides of March!
I went into Dr H's office and told him about a tricky patient. Dr H embodies dental praticality so I knew he would know what do. I sat down to explain what was going on. All of the sudden, I felt as if all my strength and energy dropped like a releasing dam. Everything sunk down to my fingers and toes.

I knew what that meant. I'd passed out before.

"Just so you know, I feel like I might pass out. I don't want to worry you Dr H, but I figure it's best to say something before I pass out."

Ha! That's a relaxing conversation to have eh? And thus began my POTS journey. I went home that day, and relaxed. Came back the next day and the same thing happened again. I knew something was wrong with my body.

So now what? Well, I'm still pushing to get better. I'm exercising and doing all I can to regain my strength. I'm reading up on dental continuing education. I want to be extremely knowledgable when I get back into my profession. I'm keeping up with friends and family. I volunteer at my dental school when I feel good. I'm learning how to get frequent flyer miles so I can visit people for cheap.  I'm reading great books. I just started to brush up on my Spanish. I'm growing an awesome windowsill garden.

POTS totally messed with my life course. But you know what. I'm still here and I'm at peace. I'm celebrating today.

I'm adding some of these beauties to my windowsill

These airplants get nutrients from the air and humidity rather than from dirt.

I think these guys have spunk. I love that they can grow in unusual places.

I like to think that I'm developing that skill, being able to grow despite this wierd illness.

Happy POTS-o-versary


Exercise update:
Big day yesterday! I broke 150 calories during cardio.  Ever notice that when you exercise around other people you tend to adjust your speed to thiers? This girl was trucking along and I checked out my speed. Holy smokes I was going fast! I'm bouncing against my seat my heart was pounding so hard. Slow down! S'okay!

Get excited everyone. I'll have to take a picture at the iron I'm pumping. I'm getting stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Pots Day! It's great to hear you're starting to feel stronger, you've come a long way in a year.

    ReplyDelete